Saturday, May 31, 2014

FINDING THE BEGINNING~

Getting to where you want to be requires thought.  Remember we will all get somewhere with or with out thought.  Life always moves on, that is why it has been likened to a stream.  No matter whether you go along with the current, or buck the tide you will end up somewhere.

*Make it count.  Either going with or going against the current doesn't make you a hero.  Making it count does.

*Quite often the hardest battle you will fight is the one which no one but God knows you are fighting, or that you have won.

There will be no one at the end of that finish line cheering and giving you high fives.  No one saying what a good job you did, how brave you were, or how wonderful.  No one--except God, but He makes the difference.

*2Corinthians 12:9  And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10)  Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.


Some months ago I began listening/watching a motivational speaker, Brendon Burchard.  Mr. Burchard caught my attention when he --very early in his speaking--asked the question:
       
*  "have I really lived, have I really loved, and have I really made a difference".

With that in mind, just where do I want to be when I get to the end of my life's journey?  I'm not averse to having a comfortable nest egg.  Not just for myself, but in keeping with the three questions, I want to be able to help those around me.  I want to be able to help family, friends, and neighbors, and having a comfortable amount of money can do that.

 Way back when my children were young and most were still living at home when we received the mailings for, 'enter and win $10,000...' my children would look longingly at the flier, and say something clever like, "If I had $10,000 I would pay off all my bills, and give some to missionaries, and...".

I always chuckled to myself, thinking, just how many bills has a ten year old acquired?  However, their hearts were in the right place.  The point is, as Dave Ramsey says, money is neither good nor evil, it just makes you more of what you are...evaluate what do you want to be more of?

* John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (5) And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

One of the reasons many of the Jewish rulers hated Jesus was because he showed up the areas in their lives that needed changed.  Areas where they were very comfortable at; areas that they did not want to change.  It involved humility, and going out of their comfort zone.

--For me some of my answers to the question, What do you want to be at the end? are: 
*Honest
*Have integrity           
*Kind                                         
*Faithful Christian
*Discerning
*Intelligent
*Busy, engaged with life, and engages with other people

*What are some of the things you want to be at the end?  Don't forget to join the conversation.

No comments: