Monday, March 25, 2019

The Father's Eyes

We don't exist as God does. Like the eagle aloft on the wings of the wind, soaring and riding the air currents, God is above all things. 

I wonder how other people live without doubts. For some reason no matter what my age my unbelief clouds my judgment. Oh, ye of little faith wasn't said only to the early disciples/apostles. Yet, I don't believe I am alone in this matter of guilt. Doubts make many of us ineffective. We need to see with clear eyes of faith.

Even when we KNOW that God answers prayer in three ways: Sometimes he says, 'yes', sometimes, 'no', and sometimes, 'wait'. It is in His time, not ours. And there is the rub. The fly in the ointment. We truly are God's children, and like children, we want what we want right now. We need to see with the clear eyes of faith and without hypocrisy.

Matthew 7:3  "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4)  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye? 5)  Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

There isn't any hope for us. No, not that we're hopeless, but we know better, yet we don't. What should we pray for? Maybe I've at last acquired some wisdom, but I'm not keen on patience.  I don't want patience. Every time I have prayed for patience I've gotten trials and tribulations. Yes, we need to wait in patience, but what we need more are the eyes of the Father. 

God's eyes see eternity, but may He as well remember (as it is written in Psalms 103:13)  "Like as a father pitieth his children, So Jehovah pitieth them that fear him. 14)  For he knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust." 

Jeremiah 29:11)  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end.12)  And ye shall call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13)  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 14)  And I will be found of you, saith Jehovah..."

Remember us for good, oh, Jehovah. Remember our lives here are short, and as Jacob told Pharoah, "And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, ... few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage." Genesis 47:9  

Hallelujah! What a Savior!

No comments: