Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some Wonderful Day...

Odd how a song can get stuck in my mind and just repeat itself. Events are often the same with me. Something can upset me and I'll worry at it all day like a puppy with a chew toy. What should I have done? What could I have done...all sorts of questions run helter skelter in my thoughts, and at the end of it all most of the time I still don't have a good answer.

Ecclesiastes 7:13 Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

Consider the work of God...

Do we stop to think on the things that God has done, is doing, and will do?

This morning was beautiful--the autumn leaves beginning to turn and fall. The smell of wet leaves permeates the air along with the other smells of farm crops waiting for the harvest, gardens waiting for their fruit to be taken care of and the garden space to be put to rest for the winter. The squirrels scamper about to find and tuck away walnuts for their pantries, and a number of other duties clamor that winter is coming.

God set in motion (and upholds) the seasons. Each season has its beauties, but

Who can make that straight which he hath made crooked...

"You may not believe this, but I don't always drive fast, Mom..." my son says to me.

"I don't either, Buddy, I've found that getting there quicker isn't always all it's cracked up to be..."

We both laugh. Some times things don't always make sense. They just flat don't. Some days it is our limited knowledge, sometimes things just are what they are. That's alright, God knows. We are all His work in progress, and how much better we would all be if only we would let Him do the polishing, and just co-operate. Too often we turn our lives over to God--for a little while, but then we want it back! (We want to do what WE want to do.)

So, the song by Tom Holland continues to run in my mind: Some wonderful day, when my Lord shall call--

Too many people live as if there is no God, there will be no final giving answer to God's judgement, as if this life here were the only thing there has been or ever will be.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Some wonderful day when my Lord shall call! Hallelujah, what a Savior!

No comments: