Friday, June 13, 2014

Looking For Answers

The cartoon shows a modern woman sitting at a bar talking to her girlfriend.  "I just can't seem to find decent men who are looking for a committed relationship."   There are a few men sitting in the background, all of which either have crazy hair, odd piercings. or all of the above and more.
    
Many thoughts fly through my cuckoo's nest on this one, however, our lives are similar at times.  Going on with the identification process, first you start with the question 'where do I want to end up?'.  Reverse engineering is a new term that has made its way into vocabularies. 

This is a term that I gleaned from a thirty day challenge I took from Chalene Johnson.  It means decide where you want to be, then working back from that point begin to ask what would be the step before accomplishing that...and ultimately brainstorming from that point back to where you are today.  At that point you can set the goals day by day, step by step to where you want to end up.  Set the daily goals by making your lists day by day, week by week.  A person needs increment goals.  When you set up your long range goals, then each month you will be able to see progress toward those goals by the weekly steps you set up. 

What else needs to happen on this journey to self discovery?   Yes, as you start this journey you will discover much about yourself...

While setting your goals ask yourself 'what are my priorities?'
For instance my number one priority is God.  Because God is my first priority there are certain things that I hold as basic, non-negotiable, attributes, such as:

Mark 12:29  "Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one: 30)  and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.  31)  The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

*There is one God--that means there are not many gods, and I am to listen to him and him only
*God is to be my Lord and I am to love him first, with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength
*I am to love my neighbor and myself

No, that wasn't a typo, we are to love ourselves.  It does not say, "if you hate yourself, you may hate your neighbor as well..." ~that is the way many people live today.  What God wants is for you to love yourself in a Godly manner, and love your neighbor likewise in a Godly manner.

Jesus tells the parable of the Good Samaritan then asks this question of the lawyer:
Luke 10:36  "Which of these three, thinkest thou, proved neighbor unto him that fell among the robbers?"

The lawyer answers in verse37  "And he said, He that showed mercy on him."  Jesus replies in the same verse:  "And Jesus said unto him, Go, and do thou likewise."
What do you think?  Important questions and important answers...
Have a good day, and don't forget to join the conversation...


No comments: