Friday, June 20, 2014

WHAT DO THESE THINGS HAVE IN COMMON?

WHAT DO THESE TWO THINGS HAVE IN COMMON?

*It's an important instance in my life, I've got some some important decisions to make, but something in the back of my mind keeps nagging me.  I feel like there is some information missing something isn't right.

*It's been a busy day, someone asks me a simple question, a simple yes/no answer should be enough.

In the first case, I have what I believe is all the right information.  I weigh that information carefully to make the right decision, but...

In the second case it is a simple question, and I answer it without much thought, but...

...FAILED
In the first instance I didn't ask the right question.  Just one question made the difference of several thousand dollars.  I had pages of information as a matter of fact, but not until later did I realize the one question I needed to ask.  All of the information I had didn't answer that one question. 

In the second instance I was busy, I assumed it was a simple question, but in the end it wasn't a good choice.  In order to make good choices it is necessary to ask the right question, maybe more than one. 

"INFORMATION IS INCREASING IN OUR DAYS EXPONENTIALLY" 
 The article boasted that we were gaining so much more information than any time in history, but...  
It might have been a clever way to catch attention, but I question its authenticity.   However, even if it were true, what good is a multiplicity of information going to do our society?  My mother used to say we were becoming a generation of educated idiots.  I don't think she meant it as a compliment.

CLOUDING AN ISSUE
Just as when I had pages of information and it just hid the question I needed to ask, so does much of the intelligence we are supposed to be gaining.  Far too many people are ignoring the important question of this life.  Instead of coming to the eternal question of 'justice, righteousness, and the judgement to come with an honest heart, they pretend it's a simple yes/no question and slough it off. 

THE IMPORTANT QUESTION NO ONE IS ASKING
Matthew 16:26  "For what shall a man be profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? or what shall a man give in exchange for his life?"

Don't forget to join the conversation.

No comments: