Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going Home

It's Sunday morning, we are driving toward our destination--the church building which is in a town about fifteen to twenty miles from our home. It is a lovely morning, and we are not late--yet--but there is no time to dawdle.

In our neck of the woods one car is a traffic jam, and lo and behold we find ourselves trailing behind another vehicle headed in the same general direction. We are thinking of passing, but the driver in the other car is noticeably weaving. First he is over the yellow line, next he is back in the middle, then over the center, or bouncing along the shoulder.

The first inclination is the person has been tipping a bottle or some such thing, and I think, 'How awful!' But I'm then reminded of the times we have found ourselves so tired, yet so close to home...and we are sure we can --with just a little more perseverance-- make it to our home...

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

We traveled along behind for about seven miles watching the vehicle weaving from side to side. When we got to town, he turned at main street just like we did then drove down past the business district, and on out past where our church building sat. That was where we parted company, he going on north and we pulled into a parking spot.

I've wondered a number of times if the person made it on home. I believe he did, but many things flit through my mind during the thought process. You see, we are all travelers, travelers on the highway of life. This blog is about Christians and going home. Some Christians, like the fellow in the vehicle, are weaving all over trying to stay on the road. They are tired. Perhaps they have worked all night and just want to make it home. Perhaps they have wandered off track completely and need a change in directions...whatever the case, this blog is to let others know that someone wants to see them make it home.

Some posts are funny, some sad, and yet others are just thought provoking. They are still here with the intention of helping others on their pilgrim journey to find their way home.

2Timothy 4:8 henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day; and not to me only, but also to all them that have loved his appearing.

Home....

Hallelujah. What a Saviour!

No comments: