Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Saviour...

I've always liked singing, although some days my best efforts seem to me more of the 'joyful noise', variety than the pleasant sound I'm striving for.

But do we ever stop to consider what we are saying when we sing?

"My Savior, as Thou wilt," (Lord, what ever you think is best...) "Oh may Thy will be mine; into Thy hand of love I would my all resign;". A beautiful thought, beautiful sentiment; one that is easier said than done. We need to see Christ as a loving Savior--one that has our best interest at heart. Then His decisions will be easy.

"Thro' sorrow and thro' joy, Conduct me as Thine own,--And help me still to say, "My Lord Thy will be done." Many people find it easy to praise God during the good times -- when things go wrong it is more convenient to blame God.


Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.
Job realizes that he and his wife had received many blessings in their life, now their fortunes had turned for the worse. To paraphrase what he is saying here, "We have been thankful for our blessings, are we just fair weather friends, that would cast God off during the bad times? Don't be as the foolish heathens!"

"My Savior, as Thou wilt! If needy here and poor, Give me Thy people's bread--Their portion, rich and sure." How absolutely thrilling! What is 'Thy People's bread'? The next phrase answers with: "The manna of Thy word, Let my soul feed upon". I wonder as I read this verse, does that mean only the written word--scripture--or...

John 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51) I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.

"And if all else should fail, My Lord--Thy will be done."

"My Savior, as Thou wilt! Tho' seen thro' many a tear, --Let not my star of hope grow dim or disappear ; Since Thou on earth hast wept And sorrowed oft alone,"

The creator looking down upon the creation would see things differently than the creation looking around at the creation. How Jesus must have learned to love flowers, birds, earth, seasons--all things of his wonderful creation--just as you and I learn to love...yet beyond. Learned to love father and mother, family, friends just as all of us love...and beyond. Yet how often he bore sorrow--and beyond what we could ever know...and he bore it alone.

"If I must weep with Thee,"

What a privilege! Jesus wept alone (Matthew 26:40... and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? But we can say, like the Apostle Paul-- 2Timothy 4:17 But the Lord stood by me, and strengthened me; "If I must weep with Thee,"

"My Lord, Thy will be done."

"My Savior, as Thou wilt! All shall be well with me; Each changing future scene I gladly trust with Thee; Straight to my home above I travel calmly on, And sing in--Life or death, My Lord, Thy will be done."

As we travel through life-- with many a tear-- toward our heavenly home, we must keep in mind who travels with us lest our star of hope grow dim, or disappear. In sorrow or joy remember who and what our hope is set on.

Philippians 1:20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that in nothing shall I be put to shame, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether by life, or by death. 21) For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

No comments: