Monday, November 3, 2008

As This

I finish hanging the first load of laundry on the clothes line. What a peach of a day! Wishful wishing will not get the last of the apples picked off of the tree...I think with regret as I wander over--can you purposefully wander?--to look at the remains of our garden. With a bit of work I could revive some of the cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and onions. Extend their season a month or more...probably. Teaching--Bible, and Bible classes. Important and priorities. Work that needs done...who will do my garden if I don't? Who will care if we have vegetables for the winter if I don't?

Judges 6:15 And he said unto him, Oh, Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is the poorest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.

I enjoy reading the judges. There was a little saying--that I sadly never had enough of to memorize--that teachers were to use to help students learn the 'Judges', and all I know of it is: Shammgar had an ox goad. But most of the Judges didn't have much...here is Gideon in Judges 6:15--he's young (age seems to be relative in the scriptures) and very unsure of himself, and as he says, 'my family is the poorest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.'

I look at the common work, the daily work that is mine to do. I think on the many very good writers I have read, and I think--just what...and why, do you think you have anything to say that they haven't said probably better than you? You are the least of the least in 'your Father's house'.

Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me.

A few months--almost a year ago now, I had the very same thoughts. I had decided, I have sufficient daily work, the world doesn't really need my writing--considering the other good qualified women writers--I had decided to chalk it up to a lost cause. A writers' publication started to arrive 'out of the blue' and as I read an article from it--it said 'in writing, who knows what chord your writing may strike? Who knows but that your writing may say the same thing others have said, but in such a way that some one reading it will understand it better? No one has the same experiences you have, no one has exactly the same style...who knows....'

Esther 4:14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then will relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place, but thou and thy father's house will perish: and who knoweth whether thou art not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

Encouragement comes in many forms, and God often sends His... "seasons of refreshing"...(Acts 3:19) when we least expect it.

Psalms 38:10 My heart throbbeth, my strength faileth me: As for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

Psalms 38:21 Forsake me not, O Jehovah: O my God, be not far from me. 22) Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation.

Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

No comments: